This post describes application areas and technical features of safectory Asset Tracking for agricultural livestock farming
Our indoor and outdoor tracking products and solutions identify short-range information using short-range radio technologies – – Information about objects, but also even about animals.
Our hardware products and software solutions have been developed to create a technology stack that is mature, modular, scalable, secure and still easy and cost-effective to set-up and maintain.
There are also remarkable areas of application in the agricultural sector,
Specific applications in livestock farming
• Continuous real-time tracking & localisation of livestock
• Activity & Movement analysis
• Derived health status based on movement & activity
• Determination of the right time of insemination from the movement analysis (patented procedure in cooperation with our partner CattleData)
• Feed time monitoring
Continuous real-time tracking & localisation of livestock
The location of the animals at a current point in time can be determined.
Activity & Movement analysis
An activity profile of the animals or of their movements are created based on changes in their locations.
Derived health status based on movement & activity
Deviations from an expected movement pattern allow conclusions to be drawn about the animal’s state of health.
Determination of the heat or the right time of insemination to optimize milk production
Feed time monitoring
Determination of the presence in feeding areas at defined times.
Technical core components:
Controller / Gateway
- Decentralised fog network controller
- Multi functional IoT Hub for receiving and distributing data via: Bluetooth, WiFi, Ethernet, optional GSM, optional GPS
- Zone Tracking and motion analysis
- Same asset tracking functionality as standard Controller
- Direct USB powered by any active USB device
- Small & lightweight
- Low profile
Chips for Bracelet
- Developed for use in rubber bracelets (30mm)
- Activation via built-in switch
- Enables more use cases for wearing on the body
- Waterproof IP64 / IP65
- Industry leading encryption
- Accurate real-time positioning based on iBeacon or Eddystone protocol in closed environments (e.g. malls, buildings, factories).
- Waterproof and flame retardant casing
- Improved battery lifetime
- Easy to install via mounting plate
- Industry leading encryption
- Enables more use cases
The beacon is the backbone of our next generation beacon based smart asset tracking.
- Multi-protocol indoor & outdoor BLE Beacon
- Increased battery life > 5 years
- Enables further applications
- Simple installation by mounting via central screw
- Industry-leading encryption
- Compliance with industry standards
- Operation with up to 6 AA batteries (standard 2 pieces AA)
Asset Tracking – principle of operation
- Live and real-time monitoring of the location of a trigger-tag
- Automatic trigger event generation based on geo fences or start/speed/stop movement
- Record of movement and events
- Reports about asset movement with path analysis, distance, speed, events etc.
The cockpit: Asset Tracking Platform SaaS (Software as a Service)
- Cloud-based access (Desktop & Mobile), native Android & iOS (client available)
- Real-time tracking, position history, simple position-time series
- Set-up and management of geo fences and geo fence to asset relation. Other geo-tracking sources on demand
- Definition of rule-based events (entry/exit of assets to/from defined geo fences, online/offline, movement etc.).
- Exportable Reports about Asset Events, Asset Trips (Start, Stop, Distance, Avg Speed, Duration). Output on interactive Map or spreadsheet download.
- Further customization available on demand.